Foire aux questions
En raison d'un volume élevé de soumissions, la FAE n’accepte plus aucune demande de subvention jusqu'à nouvel ordre.
Cette foire aux questions permettra aux entités souhaitant déposer un dossier de subvention de comprendre comment les projets s'intègrent aux attributions de la FAE.
Qu'est-ce que la Facilité africaine de l'eau (FAE) ?
The African Water Facility (AWF) is an initiative led by the African Ministers' Council on Water (AMCOW) aimed at mobilizing resources to finance water resources development activities in Africa. The African Development Bank (AfDB) hosts the Facility on the request of AMCOW.
AWF’s hall mark is fast-approval and flexible procedures which enable it to provide support to communities, civil society organisations as well as to national and multinational institutions.
Que fait la FAE ?
The African Water Facility generally focuses its efforts at achieving its major objective of resource mobilisation and applying these for activities in the African water sector with the view to improving the enabling environment to attract more investments and direct capital investments.
The main operational activity of the AWF is support to projects requested by eligible recipients of AWF funds. In addition, the AWF has several initiatives of regional nature that are designed to support critical aspects of water resources development and which often lead to relevant projects in support of the member countries. The AWF’s initiatives focus on its two priorities Information and Knowledge as well as Monitoring and evaluation.
Qui peut déposer une demande de financement à la FAE ?
The Recipients of AWF financing or other assistance from the resources of the AWF are regional member countries of the African Development Bank, political subdivisions or agencies thereof as well as regional agencies or institutions concerned with water resource development in Africa.
This implies that the recipient could be:
- Central or local African Governments
- African municipalities
- NGOs and CSOs
- Community-based organizations CBOs
- Regional, sub-regional and sectoral organizations (e.g. Regional Economic Organizations, River Basin Organizations etc.)
In order to decide upon the eligibility of NGOs and Civil society organizations, they need to fulfil the following criteria demonstrating their credibility and track record in the water sector. Find out more
Quels types de projets sont financés par la FAE ?
All the projects financed by the Facility should have clear performance indicators with good expected outcomes and clear targets.
In considering a request for financing, due considerations are given to the following:
- Political commitment of the country with respect to appropriate prioritization of the water sector such as inclusion of water as a priority within the PRSP or any Development Programme of the country demonstrating a clear indication of the importance accorded to the sector
- Relevant self-help measures being taken by the recipient
- the beneficiary should demonstrate the sense of ownership and commitment through active participation in the activities proposed for funding
- The beneficiary should have a credible record and shall also ensure the effectiveness and sustainability of the institutions and investments through adequate operations and maintenance (O&M), cost recovery and budgetary support;
- What is the environmental and social impact ensuring sustainability?
- Clear indicators with defined targets are mandatory for all projects and programmes;
- The principle of beneficiary contribution is applied to all investments.
Quels types de financements la FAE octroie-t-elle ?
Projects are eligible between the floor of EUR 50,000 and the ceiling of EUR 5,000,000.
The Facility utilises the Results Based Management approach, and hence programmes and projects have to be designed, implemented and monitored within the framework of managing for results.
The Facility requires that statements of expenditure and supporting documents of project expenditures be reviewed and certified by an independent auditor at predetermined intervals to ensure that funds have been utilized in line with the grant agreement.
The funds provided to eligible recipients shall be treated as non-reimbursable grants. In the future, appropriate amendments may be made to the Instrument by the Governing Council and the Board with regards to the introduction of loans and appropriate repayment terms.
Quelle est la procédure de dépôt de dossier de demande de financement ?
AWF has developed clear procedures for requesting financial support. All applicants are requested to read the instructions in the AWF Funding Project proposal carefully and submit sufficient documentation of their submitted projects.
Please send the completed form to the general AWF email address: email@example.com
Existe-t-il une date limite au dépôt de dossier de demande de financement ?
There is no application deadline to request AWF funding.
The AWF team of experts assesses the received funding requests throughout the year and transmits its evaluation and decision in due course.
An acknowledgement message is sent to confirm the registration of the request by the AWF team.
D'où viennent les fonds de la FAE ?
The contributing donor countries are represented by Austria, Canada, European Commission, France, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, UK, Spain, Algeria, and Senegal.