How the AWF is governed
The Governing Council decides the general policy and direction of the AWF. It is made up of 13 members appointed by AMCOW, donors to the fund, the African Development Bank, the African Union and UN-Water/Africa.
The Governing Council
The Governing Council meets twice a year and is made up of:
- 5 members appointed by AMCOW
- 5 members appointed by donors
- 1 member appointed by the African Development Bank
- 1 member appointed by the African Union (represented by NEPAD Secretariat)
- 1 member appointed by UN-Water/Africa
The Chairperson is appointed by the Governing Council and serves a one-year term.